Saturday, January 11, 2014

So This Is What Being Normal Feels Like!

Greetings Comrades!

I hope you all are having a fantastic Saturday. :)

Judging by the title of this post you'd think it was about my disability but shockingly it's not. As some of you may or may not remember Crippie's hair has a mind of it's own. It's big, fluffy, frizzy, long, and naturally dreads very quickly. Don't remember? Let's see if these pics jog your memory...



Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh... my hair sucks... I'll admit that. I swear to God a live rat once got tangled up in it (long story short of that... friends rat was grooming my hair, rat got tangled, rat starts crying, Crippie feels sorry for rat). Granted, part of the reason it sucks so much is the length, so while I was on my "Crippie Sucks at Blogging" sabbatical I went to have it cut... and while I was apologizing to the stylists who had to deal with this mess everybody in the damn salon (my mom, sister and the remainder of the stylists) convinced me to get a "keratin smoothing treatment". I was hesitant at first because I used to get my hair straightened in high school, and it made my hair fall out. All the stylists kept telling me "IT'S A SMOOTHING TREATMENT NOT A STRAIGHTENING TREATMENT!" and eventually I caved. I'm glad a caved too, because six hours later (you heard me right, SIX FREAKING HOURS) later, I was left with... brace yourselves... this!


OH MYLANTA MY HAIR IS NORMAL!!!! It had to be straight like this for a week before I could wash it and get my curls back (I hated how frizzy my hair was before, but I like the curly aspect). People didn't recognize me when I went into work! It was crazy! It didn't feel like my hair. My hair felt like straw, this new hair actually felt like hair. I didn't have to spend forever and a day trying to make it look presentable, it just did on it's own.
And when I washed my hair this was the result... not bad right? It's gained a little more volume in the past 2 months since I've done it, but that's probably a good thing. I cannot even begin to tell you guys how much better it feels to have hair that doesn't completely suck. It's sooooooooo much easier to maintain, especially since I physically have trouble maintaining my hair (my hair wouldn't have sucked so much before if I was able to defuse and or straighten it) All I have to do is wet it in the morning and I'm good to go. Crippie's definitely gonna be keeping this up. :D

Crippie's Tippie - If you're complimenting someone on their new hairdo or make-up say your hair looks "extra" good today, otherwise you're implying that it looked like crap before. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY - what a great hair style for you. I personally liked the bushy one too, but I can understand how that would get "old" after you had worn it for awhile. This really looks good on you. For what it's worth, I can't deal with my own hair either. Solution for me - a wig. Shhhh, don't tell anyone! he he

    Oh, I have a new blog post, and my URL has changed, so if you were to go looking for me, you probably would never find me. I did a dumb thing a few months ago and tried changing the URL to a different one. Well guess what? No one could find me - I had trouble finding myself. If you wish to read my blog, you may have to follow all over again. If you don't wish to follow, it's okay. We have about 40+ years difference in our ages.

    http://shufflingalongwithparkinsonsdisease.blogspot.com/2014/01/old-mother-hens.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...